In search of a muralist
CALLING FOR A MURALIST TO PROMOTE GENDER-NEUTRAL RESTROOMS
As proud supporter of the LGBTQ+ community, we will be turning our current gender-specific restrooms into gender-neutral spaces inside our Salt Lake City cidery. We are seeking a LQBTQ+ ally and muralist to paint the hallway outside the single-user restrooms, highlighting love and acceptance of the non-binary and transgender community.
“We felt it was very important to support non-gender binary initiatives in Salt Lake City,” says our co-founder Jennifer Carleton, “we wanted to take a proactive approach, and it just made sense.”
We have always been an ardent supporter of the LGBTQ+ community in Utah, participating in and supporting events around the state such as Utah Pride, Damn These Heels, Equality Utah, among others. The decision to make our current restrooms gender-neutral was an easy one. The mural will represent the movement in the United States and beyond, as well as encouraging acceptance and love for the community. Also part of our goal is to encourage other local businesses to create their own similar spaces.
The muralist call is open to all Utah artists, both professional or student. Deadline to submit will be this Thursday, December 5
• Artist to by notified on Monday, December 9, 2019
• Mural Completion Date: before or on Wednesday, January 22, 2020
• Artist encouraged to attend unveiling, late January/early February
Please submit the following items combined into a single PDF file to email@example.com
- Artist Statement, bio and/or resume, including contact information
- 3-5 images of past work that best illustrates your qualifications for this opportunity